Monday, December 2, 2013

Week Fifty-One: Christmas Window Wreath

This week's project is appropriately Christmassy, seeing as it is now December!


I wouldn't put it on the front door or outside as it could get wet, but it makes for a lovely wall or window decoration.


I went for a peach and cream colour scheme, using scrapbooking paper to make it firmer than regular quilling paper.



It was a beautiful two sided paper with pink, green, blue and yellow butterflies on one side and peach and cream stripes on the other.


I did the same treatment to this as I usually do to my snowflakes such as those mentioned at the end of this post and last week's pegs, with my favourite glitter glue and a spray with Crystal Clear.


I added a ring of the paper at the back to slip the ribbon through, I didn't want it through the front at all as I think it would have looked messy. This works with my 'kid safe' set of ornaments for our tree, which are shades of peach, cream, white and aqua. My toddler can't be trusted around my old glass ornaments. I look forward to the day I can use them again, but at least I have a soft and pretty alternative.

 
 I have hung it in a front window of our home. Next week is the final week of my year long Challenge!! I can't believe it, and I have heaps of things left on my list to create, so not to worry, it won't be the end of my blogging I promise.
 
 
xnata

No comments: