Monday, May 20, 2013

Week Twenty-Seven: Two!

This week my son will be turning two years old, so this week's project was to make two two cards!


One is blue and green and probably suited to a boy, but I didn't want to show a bias and ignore all the beautiful two year old girls out there, so the second is pink and purple.



To make these numbers I printed off a flipped number two, and used the husking technique again, but with some modifications. I used dress pins instead of berry pins, so that the heads of the pins wouldn't get in the way...


I loved the simple design of this balloon card. I once the balloons where in place I decided to just add a layer of crimped blue paper inside the two, and then it just looked perfect to me.

 

 I love it. It just makes me smile.

 
I almost made the girl's one the same design as the boy's one, but I wanted a bit more variety so I went full on girly with it.

 
Ruffles and polka dots...

Pink crimped rainbow, a flower and a love heart. Could it be girlier? I don't think so. I love the bright colours of both.

Next week we're moving reluctantly on from the theme that is my wonderful boy and all things baby, and celebrate the changing of seasons!

xnata

No comments: