Monday, April 8, 2013

Week Twenty: Baby Cards

I'm two days late, I know. Do you want to hear my excuses?

I'll tell you anyway. I'm busy is the obvious one, let's just move on, the other is I've been preparing for a potential teaching opportunity, that's right, I'm going to teach quilling at a market at the end of the month! I'm still trying to decide just what the design of the card will be, but I've got the general design planned and colour scheme, and I'm going to be nice to my learners and have all the bits cut to size and everything.

The second reason is something that I'm sure will inspire all my paper crafting readers to wince - I spilled a glass of water on my quilling project. I know, I know. I'm clumsy and a twit. It wasn't good. I've made hundreds of quilled projects and this is the first time I've done it, hopefully the last.

Anyway, on with the show, I've got two posts to do this week.



This is an oldie but a goodie, I've done these many times and it's always a big seller, the baby shoes card!



I've done one for a girl and one for a boy as you see. It's a bit of a 'vintage' image really, because you don't see many babies wearing the old knitted booties anymore do you. I don't anyway. Someone gave me a yellow pair for my son and I think he wore them once and proved he could kick them off in about a minute, so we went to socks and left the knitted ones for the keepsake cupboard.




They are sweet as a card though, don't you think?




I must make a few more of these before I do this market, baby cards are always so popular.

Next week (meaning this week, if you can keep up with my late story) we're on to a musical subject that I really quite like.

xnata 

No comments: