Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Inspiration

I know, I know. I said I'd post the next part of my 'how to quill' series last week, and I haven't. I'm sorry.

You see, I'm studying full time at university, and just yesterday an essay worth 40% of my final grade in a course for my major was due. So I dropped off the face of the blogging world. I attempted to take breaks and quill sometimes, but guilt kept winning and I wouldn't be able to consentrate.

I have also been participating in an event with my husband - the house de-crapping! He started cleaning out his study last week, and I realised what a dump mine was too, so I have been going through all that junk and throwing crap away and putting the good things I don't need aside for other people. Very cathartic.



As we all know, Sunday was Mother's Day, and I went and saw my wonderful mother and delivered a pretty hibiscus plant and a nice painted terracotta pot for it to her and gave her some cuddles. Happy Mother's Day Mummy :)

I also saw my darling mother in law, who had given me a hint about what she would like a while back. I made her a black string of beads of different shapes and sizes, and I also made this little box for them to live in:


I made it black and white to match the black necklace that she'd asked for, and quilled the roses on top and added some black leaves. Later on i added a little gift tag to it, also in black and white, with silver writing.


I liked this little box so much that I've decided to add some other designs to my 'things to sell at the markets' list.  and I've started making five:

 So far all I've done is paint the insides pretty colours that will match their outsides (Note that the pink and purple have since recieved their second coats, the other three were already done when I took this), but already I can tell these will be very cute. I will post picks of the final products when they're done.

I'll come back and post again soon, and I promise that part two of 'how to quill' will be up within 48 hours of this post.

Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers out there,

xnata.

No comments: